Organisation







Organisation may seem to be some kind of boring formality which you probably try to avoid in any case possible. But a good organisation always bears fruit and is often a key to great work. I want to familiarize you with methods of organisation I found useful and became my routine.
To do list To do list is a foundation of good self-organisation. It helps you establishing your aims and note what you've already done. It prevents you from putting too much on your shoulders and also to remember to do everything you planned. What's more, there is nothing better that the feeling of satisfaction when ticking particular aims! For example you can use to do list to set yourself tasks you need to do for school this day.
Weekly learning schedule Learning is much more effective when you plan what you have to focus on each day of the week. When I have a biology exam on Monday I really like to divide studying into a few days. For example on Wednesday I would read stuff from my textbook, the next day I'd watch some film or animation, then I'd do some exercises, Saturday could be my day out of work and on Sunday I would make a final review. This way I wouldn't be overloaded with the amount of work but I would be certain I'm well prepared. Moreover, regular learning would make it easier for the brain to remember information for a long time.
Learning schedule It's good to have a stable system of learning so as not to get lost in all those books, excercise book and other materials you really want to use. Plan the sequence of materials you would use. Remember to interlace reading with listening or doing exercises not to bore your mind.  
Notes schedule If you make notes by yourself, make them clear and well organised. You can write down what your notes should include in points on top of the page and then follow it.
Google apps that will help you making your learning proccess more organised When it comes to applications that I use to keep myself organised, my favourites are Google Tasks and Google Calendar.
Google Tasks is an app which I found useful for making my to do lists. It enables you to create many lists in the same time. What I like the most about Google Tasks are those little fireworks animation when you tick your task as done. Also after doing every task from the list there is a cartoon saying you should relax which is just very heartwarming.
You may find it funny that I recommend you Calendar since everyone already have one but Google Calendar is the most appealing to me because surprisingly it has a number of functions more than a casual calendar app. First of all, there are inscribed all holidays including your own birthday! You can change the layout from a list to monthly, weekly or daily log as you prefer in any moment. Artwork of Google Calendar is also clear and a little bit nicer than a regular calendar. This app can surely replace a paper planner! I hope I convined you to add some methods of organisation I presented to your daily routine.
A.

Comments