Google Expeditions



Hi everyone!

Today I want to tell you something about the app called Google Expeditions, which I:ve had pleasure to use on my english lesson lately.

What is Google Expeditions?
Google Expeditions is an application designed by Google, which you can use with or without VR glasses, but I really recommend the first version.
When you enter this app, you will see the catalogue of "trips" you can experience. There's a really wide variety of landscapes, interesting places or even human body! What's more, there is not only a view, but also some informations that can be heard or read, it's up to you. That gives Expeditions an educational aspect and makes it a really innovative and unconventional way of learning

Why should you add Googld Expeditions to your teaching/ learning routine?
This app is a wonderland for those who appreciate learning mostly by kinesthetic techniques, since it makes you stand up and look around to find some extra information, for example you can feel like you actually are  in a human throat or be a live observer of some processes that take place in a digestive system. Students that enjoy learning by reading will find clear informations very appealing  as well as those who prefer listening to reading because there is a speaker button, which you should press if you want to have your expedition narrated. I think I don't have to mention visualisers who can enjoy all the aspects of 3D!

Google Expeditions as a perfect way to focus.
First of all, when you have real problems focusing you should consult it with a doctor to see if  it is anything serious. But if you can't focus because of noisy surroundings or some bothering thoughts going through your mind, try Google Expeditions because it affects all of your senses, especially using VR glasses and earphones, so you can fully dive into the subject you learn
 without any distractions.

Conducting a lesson with Google Expeditions.
It turns out that this application can not only be used individually but also in a bigger group. There is an option that enables you to create a virtual class where for example teacher can be a guide who can point students where they should watch. In this case everyone should be on the same expedition of course, connected to the same wi-fi and students can do nothing but watch, only the guide has access to the information and exercises based on expeditions. To sum up, I think it is kind of cool option for teachers.

If I hadn't convince you to download Goole Expeditions yet, here are some reviews from some of my classmates:

"It’s so interesting because when you take a look through the glasses, the view is amazing! You can feel like you are in this place you chose in application. That’s why is cool, you learn and have fun at the same time. As far as my opinion is concerned, lesson like that was very good. I learned some things and I had some sun. Application is polished and it was nice to work on it." -Julia

 "I enjoyed the lesson so much. It was interesting and unusual. I learned a lot of new information and practiced my English skills. In my opinion we should use such applications in other lessons. They are interesting. They encourage to learn and show you  more curious things." -Wiktoria

"When I tried this, I was so impressed. It was fun and educational. To be honest, that could be a better way to encourage students to learn about the world. For me, it is a unique way to study  geography from the other side,  much more interesting than the one we learn at school." -Karolina

"From my point of view it was wonderful to see all these animals in their natural habitat. I could feel like one of them. I had a great time. 
This lesson was really exciting. In my opinion lessons with VR and other interesting applications should happen more often because it made our imagination vivid." -Oliwia

"I really enjoyed the lesson and I found it an attractive alternative to a standard lesson. I believe teachers should use such apps more often, as students become more involved in lesson and it becomes more appealing. " -Julia

"It was a really unforgettable experience and a very interesting English lesson." -Ania

"The lesson looked a little bit funny because we were walking with cartoon on eyes in complete silence. The lesson was really unique and teaching.
I Hope we will use google cardboard glasses in next english and other lessons." -Franek



Obraz może zawierać: co najmniej jedna osoba
Lesson with Google Expeditions  in my school
 Check Google Expeditions: https://edu.google.com/products/vr-ar/expeditions/?modal_active=none 
A.









Comments